Why is it beneficial to have narcissistic abuse recovery coaching?
Let talk about why you might need narcissistic abuse recovery coaching. I have learned from various child psychologists and other trauma-related information that narcissism can be passed down from generation to generation. For example, my great-grandmother was a narcissist. She turned her son into one because she lacked the parenting skills to teach him empathy. Therefore, my mother married a narcissistic man, and I…I just repeated the cycle because I did not know any better. I started my recovery journey when I was in my late teenage years. I strived to break the cycle of abuse, but nobody at the time was writing or talking about narcissist traits until the last 50 years. Despite my years of healing myself, no one book or therapist spoke about my father being a narcissist. Therefore, I was in the dark like most people. When I met my son’s father, I did not know he was a narcissist and one of the most dangerous types. A child psychologist warned me, but he did not even know that he was a covert narcissist. Therefore he did not fit the typical NPD description. He went undetected by over a dozen professionals.
People do not talk about the subject of narcissism and how it is linked to child development, parenting, caregivers lacking empathy, children raised in orphanages, and how it is our (the survivors/victims) responsibility to break the cycle of abuse. If we, the survivors, do not heal ourselves and our children, we can unintentionally find ourselves on the merry-go-round again and again. Change starts with us! That is why I wrote the book, The Undetected Narcissist. I need to break the psychological abuse cycle because narcissism is rising.
Narcissism is rising, and I believe social media might contribute. Recent research found that people who posted large numbers of selfies on social media developed a 25% rise in narcissistic traits over four months. This information is terrifying! When Donald Trump was elected president in 2017, the world could see how narcissist behaves, speaks, acts, and treats other people. I feel he was a wake-up call for everyone across the globe.
If you have narcissistic parents and have been in a long-term relationship with a narcissist or other Cluster B disordered person, you will need help. After what I experienced in therapy, I have learned that not many counselors, therapists, and even psychologists are trained in trauma therapy. I did encounter push-back when it came to speaking my truth. I was shocked that even a psychologist misdiagnosed me and was trauma ignorant. You are a survivor. You had to be a survivor because you wanted to LIVE. You had no other choice. Therefore, you likely experienced complex trauma: prolonged, systematic, and targeted neglect and abuse. You also may have been traumatized by others who failed to understand or deny the realities of what you’ve gone through…just like me. I am here to help. I could come out of the dark, see past the shadows of deception and ignorance, and step into the light.
What you have experienced can set you up for self-defeating beliefs and patterns that may be affecting every aspect of your life and well-being. You might be struggling with the following:
- Self-esteem issues and lack of self-confidence
- Feeling that you are not good enough, unworthy, and you are worth being loved
- Lost your sense of identity
- Your health has declined
- It is hard to form relationships (lack of trust, fears, doubts, anxiety)
- You are ashamed and embarrassed to speak your truth and tell your story
- You lost your faith and hope in humanity and the world
- If you are an empath, you might question the work you do in the world
- You feel lost, trapped, and empty inside
- You have tried to get help, but each time you failed
- You keep attracting narcissist people into your life
- You are stuck in anger and hate everyone. The world is not a safe place
- You struggle with having or keeping a healthy relationship
- Healthy relationships freak you out
- Your fears cause you to self-sabotage everything
- You are hypervigilance and emotional reactivity
- You have compulsive self-doubt and a harsh inner critic
- You are experiencing depression and anxiety
- You can have PTSD or Complex PTSD
- You are stuck in the cycle of avoidance
- Many survivors have people-pleasing tendencies
- You can have episodes of dissociation and memory gaps
- It is common for victims to seek an outside source of comfort, so they develop unhealthy addictions
- You can get stuck in the addictive abuse cycles
- You can experience anxiety or panic attacks, along with irregular heartbeats
- When you have PTSD, you can experience nightmares and flashbacks
- You can get stuck in disabling fear of judgment or criticism
- Your brain can get so fried that you might experience confused relationship boundaries or do not know how to create healthy boundaries with family, friends, and coworkers
- You can experience chronic sleep disturbances
- You might have unexplained chronic pain or illness
The list of symptoms can be very long. That is why you need to find a narcissistic abuse recovery coach that can relate to your specific needs and guide you back home. It is a death of the old self and a re-birth. You are fragile, like a seedling coming out of the dark soil and learning to thrive in the light of TRUTH.
I first need to address that therapy has a vital role in recovery because many therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists are not adequately trained in personality disorders. Many people do not know this, but most psychologists or psychiatrists who do neuro-psychological evaluations do not treat their patients. It is best to ask before seeking treatment, and you want someone specializing in treating narcissistic trauma (CPTSD). For those looking for alternatives, I offer specialized coaching because I have walked the walk. The biggest thing I have learned is it is hard for another person to relate to your lifetime of trauma when they have not been walking the walk.
As a narcissistic trauma recovery coach, I can help you in the following areas:
- Finally, understand narcissistic personality disorder and other Cluster B disorders
- I will validate your experience and shed light on the subject matter
- Point out your triggers and help you connect to your feelings by speaking your truth
- Support you in setting healthy boundaries
- Help you recognize when someone is using triangulation tactics on you (abuser, victim, rescuer)
- Help you decode and detect various documentation
- Support you in understanding your coping style(s) and when you self sabotage
- Learn to recognize narcissistic patterns within your family and relationships
- Recognize the signs of human attachment and attachment trauma
- Interpret narcissistic motives and behavior before and after they strike
- Help you understand codependency about narcissism
- Support you in recognizing the patterns of PTSD and complex post-traumatic stress disorder
- Teach you the art of observation and self-awareness
- Discover why self-care is essential in the healing process
- Create a self-care routine and practice self-advocacy
- Understand the process of anger, grief, shame, self-doubt, and the roller coaster ride of emotions
- Understand why you freeze and how your brain cannot function properly when you need it the most
- Building resilience and becoming your authentic self
Who do I coach?
I am based in the United States and have coached people around the world for the past 20 years. I have worked with people ranging from 4 years old and up. I have worked with people from different backgrounds, religions, professions, and beliefs. I am trained in hypnotherapy, NLP, PTSD, trauma recovery, guided imagery, meditation techniques, metaphor stories, and coaching. Human diversity is welcome here.
I do charge by the hour and do not take insurance. Some insurance companies have a flex spending card, which can be used for out-of-network services. Coaching may be a few conversations or ongoing sessions depending on your needs and current situation. I like to offer a FREE 15-minute consultation, depending on my availability. That is why it is best to email me first. I would recommend reading my book first because it is designed to help you see things more clearly regarding narcissism. I have worked with narcissistic people before, but you have to be willing to do the work for the sake of your family, relationship, and child. If you do not do the job within a specified time frame, I will refer you to someone else. This link will direct you to the right product page for narcissistic people seeking support.
Please Note: I offer narcissistic abuse recovery coaching, understanding that although I know a lot about narcissistic personality disorder and complex trauma recovery, personally and professionally, I am not a trained psychologist or counselor. You are your advocate, and I am here to support you with the toolkit I have created as an author/advocate/expert and empath survivor of narcissistic psychological abuse. If I feel you are a good candidate and match, I will schedule a 50-minute phone or video session. If you are ready to start today, you can purchase a 50-minute session. I will request that you email me before the session so I have a better understanding of your wants, needs, and situation.
Your recovery starts here! I look forward to working with you and being your narcissistic abuse recovery coaching advocate.