In this interview, I talk with Shannon Petrovich. She is the author of the book, “Out of the Fog, Into the CLEAR”. We talk about are you in a toxic relationship. We cover the following…
In this interview we discuss the following topics.
- What can a person do to deal with a narcissist if they have to stay in some sort of relationship with them?
- What are the steps to healing from narcissistic abuse?
- How does a person cope with the feeling that they are empty without the narcissist, or feel that they still love them?
- How did you get involved with helping others deal with narcissists?
- What made you start a YouTube channel, or write a book?
- How does someone start to deal with and sort out what’s going on in their relationship?
- How do you know if someone in your life is toxic or narcissistic?
- How do you deal with boundaries with someone who doesn’t respect boundaries?
- What if you notice yourself placating rather than setting boundaries?
- How do you find clarity when you’re lost in the FOG?
- What do you mean by ‘trauma-bond’ and how do you free yourself from this unhealthy attachment?
- What if you’ve left them physically but feel like your emotions are still stuck?
- How do you rebuild your sense of self, your connections to others, and fill in the emptiness in your life?
Shannon Petrovich Background:
Therapist, Author, YouTube creator, Shannon earned her Bachelor’s degree from Bowdoin College, and her Master’s in Social Work from the University of Connecticut. She earned her clinical licenses in Social Work and Substance Abuse Counseling, and is a Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Social Work. Her new book, Out of the FOG Into the CLEAR, Journaling to Help You Heal from Toxic Relationships has attained Amazon Bestseller status in Self Help for Abuse, Codependency, and Personal Transformation. On her YouTube channel Therapist Talks, she shares insights, information, perspectives, and strategies on a wide range of relationship and mental health topics. With a very trauma-informed, strengths-based approach, she seeks to help people see the old stories that are in their way, and to fully become the person they were created to be.
You can find Shannon at the following social media links:
I hope you find this interview useful if you can say, Yes to the question… are you in a toxic relationship? Stay safe.