In this interview with life coach Kara Regas, we talk about people pleasing behaviors and perfectionism. We also discuss how some people can be stuck in people pleasing and how it can impact one’s life.
I help folks struggling with people-pleasing and perfectionistic tendencies to rewire the mental habits keeping them stuck in a loop of stress and worry. We look at how our thoughts about ourselves and what’s possible for our lives affect how we think and feel. I help my clients recognize when they’re putting themselves on the back burner or holding themselves to an unrealistic standard. With this awareness comes the ability to slow down and take better care of ourselves, which allows us more energy to go after our goals.
In this interview, we cover the following questions:
- Why should some resolve or get in control of their people pleasing behaviors? (What makes them harmful to yourself and what do you get out of resolving them?)
- What causes people pleasing?
- What’s the connection between people pleasing and perfectionism?
- How does people pleasing erode confidence?
- How do we build confidence as people pleasers/perfectionists?
- How does the nervous system play into all this?
- Why is conflict so uncomfortable for people pleasers?
- How does people pleasing affect you as a parent?
You can find Kara Regas at the following social media platforms.
I hope you enjoy this interview with Kara Regas and learned more about how someone can get stuck in people pleasing.